Last week we had our internal Alpha and this week we had our official Alpha testing. Two people who have not seen the game before were invited to test our game and give us feedback on the alpha that we presented. We managed to meet all our goals that we had set for the Alpha, this meant that all features exists in the game in some form. We took the opportunity to add feedback and make adjustments based on the feedback that we were given at an open playtesting session prior to the Alpha.
The coders are still well on schedule, the boss fight is constantly being worked on, most time being spent on spells and abilities at the moment, and the menus are also coming along well. All menus and win/loose screens/stats are implemented and it is possible to go back and forth between the menus without losing the decisions that you have made.
The artists are still stressed and have an enourmous amount of work left to do, the lowpolys of both characters’ bodies are in the game but the armour pieces are still in progress. Nearly all meshes of environmental objects are done and work has been started on the book for the menu. The artists need to get started on UV-mapping, texturing and animation during next week so that we will get done in time.
This week we also had the opportunity to have a shoot with two sword fighters in the mocap studio, unfortunately both actors were male so we will have to see how much we will be able to use. It was a lot of fun though and hopefully it will come in handy.
The designer is busy working on the spells and abilities and occasionally writes a text or something.